Known for the oldest horse racing track in America, mineral spas and the Saratoga Springs Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs is a nationally recognized destination that attracts thousands of people every year. With a top 10 school district, natural beauty, numerous entertainment options and a central location, the Spa City is also an ideal city to live in.
Broadway: One of the Best Main Streets in the USA
USA Today has ranked Broadway #7 in the list of Best Main Streets in the USA. Ranked for its architecture, history, and locally owned businesses, Broadway is an ideal place to spend an afternoon. Enjoy the local boutiques while stopping in the numerous cafes and restaurants to get a bite to eat and rest up in between stores. The Washington is located right in the middle of Broadway if you enjoy being in the middle of all the action. A private balcony with each unit allows you to enjoy Broadway even when you’re not out shopping or enjoying the restaurants.
There is no shortage of natural beauty in Saratoga Springs. Go for a stroll in Congress Park or Saratoga Spa State Park. The historic mineral springs can be found throughout the city and are recognized for their health benefits. The naturally carbonated water is said to help clear skin, help digestion, and even strengthen blood! Check out a full list of the 21 public mineral springs here.
Saratoga Lake offers many opportunities for adventure and relaxation during all four seasons. Rent kayaks or a boat and enjoy the day out on the water. Brown’s Beach is a public beach perfect for families looking to take a dip in the water and play in the sand. In the winter, many people enjoy ice fishing and snowshoeing out on the ice.
Entertainment and Culture
There is never a dull moment in the Spa City. Located inside the Saratoga Spa State Spark, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) welcomes the NYC Ballet, The Philadelphia Orchestra, the Saratoga Jazz Festival, and many Live Nation Concerts on a yearly basis. Located inside the park also sits the Saratoga Automobile Museum. Car enthusiasts will enjoy spending time looking at the historic vehicles and coming back to view the rotating exhibits.
No list would be complete without mentioning the Saratoga Race Track. For 7 weeks every summer, locals and out of town visitors alike come together to enjoy thoroughbred racing. The Saratoga Race Track is rich with history and has seen famous horses, including Secretariat and American Pharaoh, race for first place.
Other things to do include:
- The National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame
- The New York State Military Museum
- National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame
- Saratoga Casino & Raceway
- Victoria Pool
- Peerless Pool
- The Children’s Museum At Saratoga
Saratoga Springs is centrally located, making it the perfect place to live whether you work in Glens Falls, Albany or a town in between. The city is also minutes from the Thruway and Amtrak. The Albany Airport is a short drive away and New York City is only 3.5 hours by car. Weekend getaways can be a weekly occurrence when you live in Saratoga Springs.
Commute Times by Car
- Saratoga to Glens Falls – 18.8 miles, about 25 minutes
- Saratoga to Lake George – 27.8 miles, about 29 minutes
- Saratoga to Ballston Spa – 6.8 miles, about 14 minutes
- Saratoga to Clifton Park – 22.6 miles, about 27 minutes
- Saratoga to Schenectady – 26 miles, about 39 minutes
- Saratoga to Troy – 30.8 miles, about 36 minutes
- Saratoga to Albany – 36.6 miles, about 39 minutes
Saratoga Springs Events
Finally, one of the top reasons to move to Saratoga is the endless number of events taking place. Many people look forward to the annual traditions and the chance to explore the city in a new way. Some of the events coming up include:
- Easter Brunch – Numerous restaurants are hosting Easter Brunch on April 21st. The Hall of Springs, Glen Sanders Mansion, Prime, Jacob & Anthony’s and The Blue Hen are all offering delicious menus at affordable prices that you and the whole family will enjoy.
- A Taste of Albany – while not in Saratoga, Albany is only 35 minutes away. Taking place on May 2nd at the NYS Museum, A Taste of Albany will showcase over 30 Capital Region restaurants and chefs. Enjoy entertainment, craft beer, distillery tastings, an auction, and more!
- Saratoga Brewfest – If you’re a beer lover this is one event you won’t want to miss. Happening on May 18th, you’ll be able to enjoy 4 hours of sampling beer from over 130 breweries. There will also be live music, food, and games to enjoy as you sip the day away.
- 2019 Spring Auto Show – May 18th is a busy day in Saratoga! If beer is not your favorite thing, maybe classic cars are! Stroll through the Saratoga Springs State Park while checking out beautiful classic cars. If you own a classic car yourself, you can put it on display for just $10.
Find Your New Home
There’s never a better time to find your new home in Saratoga than now. We have three beautiful properties, all centrally located and ready for you to move in. Search our properties today!