This summer has certainly been one we will not forget. From NYS on PAUSE to almost every local event being postponed or cancelled, many small businesses who rely on those events need help now more than ever. To extended Small Business Saturday past the traditional November date, we have put together some local vendors, shops, and retail stores that you can support during this unprecedented time. Many shops also carry unique and handmade items from other local vendors. Not only are you supporting a local business but also a local vendor. Here are some of our local favorites to get you started.
Support Local, Saratoga NY:
- Northshire Bookstore – Shop this charming bookstore in the heart of downtown Saratoga Springs. This store features a large floor devoted to children’s books and encourages browsing and discovery. They also carry stationery, magazines, cards, calendars, local and VT foods and many fine gifts from clothing to jewelry.
- Kilwins – Offers the finest sweet treats Saratoga Springs has to offer. Enjoy delicious ice cream or decadent chocolate cake. Make sure to take some other chocolates and candies with you to enjoy at home.
- Saratoga Broadway Deli – Enjoy delicious soup and sandwiches while you are browsing the many Saratoga shops. You can even have your lunches catered with some of the best food in town!
- Esthetiques – After a long week enjoy the services of Esthetiques located on the 2nd floor of The Washington. Enjoy customized facial treatments, massages, collagen treatments, compu-lift muscle stimulation and waxing services.
- Robert James Salon – Book your next haircut and color from one of the best salons in town. Get a full cut and color, wash, and style or even a fun fashion color. Book today right on West Avenue.
Support Local, Troy NY:
- Artcentric – Dress up any space with affordable vintage treasures you can find at Artcentric. From furniture to art, come in and browse these amazingly unique treasures today.
- Bootleggers – After a day of fun filled shopping and limitless events enjoy some good food and cold drinks in the heart of downtown Troy.
- Sushi King – Enjoy delicious sushi and other Asian cuisine at Sushi King, a cornerstone in the Troy community.
- 518 Craft – This bar and tasting room features award winning beer and craft cocktails at 200 Broadway in historic downtown Troy.
- Placid Baker – Dine in or take out some delicious fresh local goods like French macaroons, quiche, salads, and breads. You can also have you next event catered using the freshest, local ingredients around.
- Whistling Kettle – Offering over 120 tea variations, French press coffee, smoothies and a wide variety of food, the Whistling Kettle will be sure to have something for everyone. They even have a tea of the month club!
- Bacchus Pizza – Enjoy Neapolitan pizza cooked to perfection in their wood-fired oven. They also have a selection of appetizers, salads, and pasta dishes.
- Bridemaids Boutique – Shop some amazing dresses for your special day. There is something for every occasion so shop this local gem in Troy.
These are just a few of the many small businesses you can support in your neighborhood. There is never a shortage of new locally owned businesses to discover. There has been no better time to shop local, eat local and support local. We take pride in our communities and are thankful for the small businesses in our neighborhoods.