With it’s beautiful foliage and popular events, it’s no wonder why hundreds of people flock to Saratoga, NY in the Fall. This autumn you too call fall in love with Saratoga by learning all the amazing things this town has to offer in the chiller months. Whether it’s visiting local apple orchards, pumpkin patches, or picturesque trails, there’s a Saratoga fall event or activity that can spice up anyone’s day.
Here Are Five Fall Events You Can’t Miss in Saratoga:
- Step into Fall with Foliage Hikes and Walks: When the leaves change, Saratoga creates stunning walks and hikes colored with great views of vibrant fall foliage. If you don’t want to travel too far from downtown Saratoga, head to Congress Park to admire the fall foliage with walking trails perfect for all ages. Or, if you’d like a variety of easy hikes that are away from the bustle of downtown, Saratoga Spa State Park has a wide range of trails that are .22 to 2.9 miles long. For those who have a passion for history, the Saratoga National Historic Park is home to the site of the Saratoga Battlefield. Here, you’ll be immersed in amazing fall foliage views and historic sites (you may even catch a historic reenactment!).
- Try Leaf Peeping: Observing the fall foliage in Saratoga, NY is an absolute must-do, especially since there are so many great local trails and parks to go to. From Congress Park to Bog Meadow Trail, you’ll want to go these local leaf-peeping spots through Saratoga County. Check out the following destinations below:
- Saratoga Lake Shoreline
- Cornell Hill Fire Tower
- Congress Park
- Saratoga Spa State Park
- Saratoga National Historic Park
If you don’t mind a day trip, we suggest checking out these top-leaf-peeping day trips from Saratoga.
- Pick the Best Apple: New Yorkers take their apple picking very seriously. Whether you’re trying to start a new family tradition or pick some fresh apples, you’ll want to check out these apple orchards in Saratoga. Open all year, Saratoga Apple, Inc. is a great place to pick your own apples and scoop up a variety of other farm products. Another great local family farm to visit is DeVoe’s Rainbow Orchards. At DeVoe’s, you can pick your own apples while enjoying a country store full of a wide range of baked goods, produce, and more!
- Check out these pumpkin patches: When you’re ready to find the best pumpkin to carve or to make a delicious pumpkin pie, Saratoga has some of the greatest pumpkin patches to offer. If you have kids, Ellms Family Farm is a great place to go! Throughout the fall kids of all ages can enjoy lots of activities, such as enjoying pumpkin picking, exploring a corn maze, and more! You’ll also find Sand Flats Orchard LLC offers u-pick apples and pumpkins as well as cider doughnuts, pies, and fudge. If you have little ones, they’ll love taking a tractor ride, going through the educational corn maze, and meeting farm animals.
- Where to find the best pumpkin food and beverages: If you’re a Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) lover, you’re not going to want to miss Saratoga Coffee Traders, known as the “official home of Death Wish Coffee.” Plus, they’re located right on Broadway in downtown Saratoga. If a PSL isn’t enough to satisfy your pumpkin tooth, head over to Mrs. London’s Bakery and Café also on Broadway.
More Attractions You’ll Want to Try Near Saratoga
If you find yourself still needing more things to do, don’t worry! Saratoga has a lot to offer, especially since it’s located so close to the Adirondacks and Lake George. If you have kids, we suggest looking into Adventure Family Fun Center, The Fun Spot, and Lake George Steamboat Company. If you’re into sports and the outdoors, The Adirondack Adventure Center: ADK Treetop Adventures or Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course & Zipline Park are two great options!
Find Your New Apartment in Saratoga Today
Whether it’s spring or fall, Saratoga has some of the best outdoor and entertainment options in the Capital Region. If you want to live where everyone wants to be, say no more! We have a variety of luxury apartments available in Saratoga Springs, NY that are just waiting for to call home. Explore our apartments in Saratoga Springs, NY today.